Here’s how to use the Facebook debugger tool
AdvertisementFacebook Debugger makes it possible for you to see your site from the Facebook point of view.
It will show raw scraped data in addition to a preview of how the shared links from your site will look on Facebook. This is an easy to use and quick way to check for errors and know how your brand will look to the viewers. If you have shared a piece of content and find that the title image or image preview was incorrect, you can use the debugger to fix the issue.
Facebook Debugger is a tool meant only to discover errors. It can’t let you fix them automatically. For setting things right, you will have to delve into your website’s code and make the necessary change. To structure the shared content, Facebook uses the Open Graph tag standard. The debugger will point out to this data on your site which you will need to fix.
To get started with
In a list format, you will see a few pages of information displayed. These pages contain all the technical details of what Facebook sees while attempting to fetch content from your website.
The most important information are the warnings you will see on top of the page and the links preview displayed below. Warnings refer to the issues Facebook wants you to fix. This can include missing tags and corrupted Open Graph data. The link previews will show you how the shared links look on Facebook. If some details are incorrect, you need to edit some Open Graph data.
After some blocks of information, Facebook Debugger will display a detailed outline of all that it sees on your website. You will find the information broken down tag-by-tag. You will also see a raw copy of your og:” Meta properties. There will be a few links to learn more information on Open Graph and the errors you might have come across.
Plugins to fix Open Graph errors
For structuring shared link previews, Facebook uses Open Graph data. If your content is not looking right on Facebook, you will have to edit your Open graph data. Though you can do this manually by working with the codes,
Yoast SEO and Open Graph for Facebook are some incredible plugins to fix Open Graph errors. Yoast can help in several segments of SEO and can also improve your site’s readability. It can help add Open Graph Meta tags to your site and use pre-filling crucial tags with crucial information.
Popular on BI
- More than $100,000 raised for loyal Burger King employee of 27 years in GoFundMe campaign after video shows him getting 'goody' bag as reward
- 'Get your boy Elon in line:' Former NASA official says she was ridiculed for supporting SpaceX in new memoir
- India is betting on casinos, online games and horse races to fill its coffers
- Best voltage stabilizers for home in India
- Asus teases the ROG Phone 6 gaming phone — confirmed to feature IPX4 splash-resistance
- Supercomputers are faster and more powerful — but need to be more energy-efficient
- Best hair removal cream for women in India
- Sensex, Nifty maintain 3-day streak, rally by nearly 1%