Here's The MIT Surveillance Video That Got Aaron Swartz Arrested
The surveillance tape that got
Aaron Swartz was a programmer and activist prior to his death in January. He was notably tied up in a court case with MIT surrounding how he used JSTOR, a searchable collection of academic articles online that the university subscribes to for its students. Swartz was downloading articles in bulk, at times very aggressively.
MIT traced the downloads to a laptop Swartz had left behind in a server room. Police encouraged the university to leave it untouched so they could set up a camera to see who came back for it. That's how this video was captured, leading to Swartz's arrest shortly thereafter.
- Pathan, Liger, Godfather: Here’s a list of forthcoming movie releases that will decide the fate of the multiplexes
- Taj Mahal continues to lose its sheen due to pollution in the Yamuna and industrial emissions
- ICICI Bank market-cap hits ₹6 lakh crore as its stock rises to a record high
- Jio, Airtel could emerge stronger weakening Vodafone Idea further, say analysts
- Foreign investors pour over Rs 12,000 cr in Indian equity in last 10 days