Here's what cities could look like in 10 years
Skye Gould/Samantha Lee/Business Insider
The data confirm it: Cities are the way of the future.
As the years go by, more and more people are choosing to leave behind their suburban and rural lives in search of greater urban opportunities.
To get a sense of what city life might look like in the future, Business Insider called on futurists, urban planners, and designers to weigh in on trends related to transportation, housing, automation, the Internet, the environment, and jobs.
Together, their predictions paint the world's future cities as crowded hubs that run on renewable energy and harness the Internet in every facet of daily life. Vehicles are electric, self-driving, and shared by residents.
Welcome to our urban future.
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- I flew on a $65 million Gulfstream G650ER private jet and saw why it's a favorite of tech billionaires like Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos
- Srei Group may leave a $4 billion hole in some of India’s biggest banks
- Best smartwatch under ₹15000 in India
- Best glass feeding bottle for newborn babies in India
- Compensation of ₹50,000 to kin of those who died of COVID-19, recommends Indian government
- SpaceX CEO Elon Musk reveals 'challenges' with toilet during Inspiration4 mission, promises upgrades in future
- South Korea’s crypto regulations are tightening around investors and exchanges alike