Here's what it costs to ride the subway in 11 major US cities
- The BART, which runs through Oakland and San Francisco, can cost $10 for a single ride.
- Dallas and Houston - both with above ground light rails - have the cheapest trips on the list.
- New York's subway is one of the largest and oldest transit systems in the world and costs $2.75 per ride.
Public transportation isn't free.
New York City's subway system - the most-used metro rail system in the country - brings nearly two billion passengers to their destination annually. From work, to the mall, to the beach, urban dwellers and tourists rely on metros and light rails around the country.
Costs for these transit systems vary from city to city - sometimes depending on time of day or distance travelled.
We took a look at 11 cities and metro areas and compared the cost for a single, standard ride on the subway.
- Next repo rate hike expected to be 35 basis points to 6.25%: Kotak report
- This pioneering regional OTT has turned profitable in 5 years – here’s how
- Neobanking platform Vance raises $5.8 million in seed round led by Hummingbird Ventures
- Natural gas price increase negative for GAIL, IGL, marginal beneficiary is RIL: Jefferies
- Auto sales remain buoyant in September with reports of a good festive season ahead
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World