Here's what it costs to ride the subway in 11 major US cities
- The BART, which runs through Oakland and San Francisco, can cost $10 for a single ride.
- Dallas and Houston - both with above ground light rails - have the cheapest trips on the list.
- New York's subway is one of the largest and oldest transit systems in the world and costs $2.75 per ride.
Public transportation isn't free.
New York City's subway system - the most-used metro rail system in the country - brings nearly two billion passengers to their destination annually. From work, to the mall, to the beach, urban dwellers and tourists rely on metros and light rails around the country.
Costs for these transit systems vary from city to city - sometimes depending on time of day or distance travelled.
We took a look at 11 cities and metro areas and compared the cost for a single, standard ride on the subway.
- The worst for Indian startups is yet to come — be prepared for layoffs, unicorn slowdown and startup shutdowns in 2022
- Kellyanne Conway says her husband was 'cheating by tweeting' his disdain for former President Trump in her new memoir
- A SpaceX flight attendant said Elon Musk exposed himself and propositioned her for sex, documents show. The company paid $250,000 for her silence.
- What would happen to Twitter if Elon Musk backs out now?
- Researchers develop a virus that works even when iPhone is switched off
- Supreme Court of India extends time for submitting Pegasus probe report
- Chopper services launched in Goa for tourists, locals
- Both Ambuja Cements and ACC are bet worth investing with strong parent Adani