Here's what it's like to use the new Apple Watch, which has an important feature that it was missing before
Business Insider/Lisa Eadicicco
- Apple just unveiled the Apple Watch Series 5, which comes in new titanium and ceramic casings and has an always-on display.
- Like the name suggests, the always-on display allows you to view information at a glance without moving your wrist to turn the screen on - a feature that brings a lot more convenience to the Apple Watch.
- Here's a brief look at the Apple Watch based on the few minutes I had with it.
- Visit Business Insider for more stories.
I spent a few minutes trying out the new Apple Watch Series 5 following Apple's press event. Here's a preview of what it's like to use.
When the Apple Watch Series 5's display isn't activated, it will look something like this.
Then when you raise your wrist, the screen brightens up as usual.
Other features are designed to work in always-on mode, too.
The Apple Watch's new titanium casing felt surprisingly light.
And the ceramic edition has a slick, clean feel.
It looks like there's a lot of potential for the Apple Watch's compass to be integrated into apps.
But overall, it feels like it could be a relatively minor upgrade.
- Long-lasting laptops with durable build quality
- Sensex has hit a new record but it's not clear if it will trek higher
- The rise in global crude oil prices may make India's April-June exports data look really good
- Baba Ramdev and Patanjali-owned Ruchi Soya wants to raise money from the market again
- Best office chairs for working from home