Here's What Paris Looked Like As 1 Million People Marched Against Terror
On Sunday, Paris's streets brimmed with an estimated 1 million people in a march of national unity.
The moving spectacle comes in the wake of multiple acts of terror this week, including one on the satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo. The attacks left 17 dead.
The march, known as the Marche Republicaine, drew countless French citizens, as well as over 40 foreign leaders.
"Today, Paris is the capital of the world," French President Francois Hollande told the Associated Press. "Our entire country will rise up toward something better."
Reuters called the solidarity march an "unprecedented tribute."
French President Francois Hollande (left) embraced Charlie Hebdo columnist Patrick Pelloux.
Hundreds of thousands of citizens gathered in the city's squares.
Pedestrians passed a graffiti tag that reads "Je Suis Charlie," or, "I Am Charlie."
Marchers waved French flags and held up a poster that read, "Quick more democracy everywhere against barbarism."
A man raised a pencil as he took part in the solidarity march in Paris.
Eric Gaillard/Getty Images
World leaders gathered in Paris in a show of unity. Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu (second from left), Malian President Ibrahim Boubacar Keita (third from left), French President Francois Hollande (third from right), and German Chancellor Angela Merkel (second from right).
Anadolu Agency/Contributor/Getty Images
Demonstrators at the Place de la Bastille.
Joel Saget/Getty Images
A woman's face adorned with "Je Suis Charlie," or "I am Charlie."
Dan Kitwood/Getty Images
Parisians watched the march from their apartment.
- People are posting parody photos of their bedside table in response to Elon Musk's tweet which suggested the Twitter CEO kept two guns by his bed
- Elon Musk calls on all Twitter designers, engineers doing software to sit on his floor of HQ for 'dense and intense' work
- Sensex, Nifty50 open higher as US Fed signals smaller rate hikes – TCS, Apollo Hospitals, Zomato among stocks in focus
- Here are the best apps and games on Google Play in India 2022
- Top 10 companies with the highest net profit in India as per Hurun 2022 list
- Rupee gains 8 paise to close at 81.22 against US dollar
- BYJU’s, Zomato, Dream11 among India’s most valuable PE/VC-funded companies as per Hurun
- GST revenues rose by 11% to ₹1.46 lakh crore in November: Finance Ministry
- Dharmaj Crop IPO
- Reliance Jio
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- tata Consumer
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- VerSe Innovation Company
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Tata Tiago cng vs Alto k10 cng
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World