Here's What People Are Really Buying On Amazon
Books are still a major part of Amazon's business, which explains why it so aggressively pursues favorable agreements with publishers. But more people still buy digital music than ebooks from Amazon.
About one-third of book and game buyers downloaded their purchases, but only one-sixth of movie purchases were downloads. That means a lot more people are still buying movies as physical DVDs.
CIRP also found that people hate paying for premium shipping: 93% of customers use standard shipping, free Super Saver shipping, or Prime free 2-day shipping.
CIRP based its findings on surveys of 1,100 people who bought something on Amazon over an 8-month period.
Here's a full chart of what people are buying:
Here's what people are downloading:
Disclosure: Jeff Bezos is an investor in Business Insider through his personal investment company Bezos Expeditions.
- Iran has shut down nearly 7,000 illegal crypto mining operations as it looks to solve its energy crisis
- Vodafone Idea shares soar 13% on narrowing losses, rising ARPU
- Crypto mystery: Around $3.5 billion worth of Bitcoin in Terra has just disappeared
- Best mixer grinders for multipurpose use
- Lenovo launches ThinkCentre Neo desktops with 12th gen Intel chipsets in India