Here's What People Are Really Buying On Amazon
Books are still a major part of Amazon's business, which explains why it so aggressively pursues favorable agreements with publishers. But more people still buy digital music than ebooks from Amazon.
About one-third of book and game buyers downloaded their purchases, but only one-sixth of movie purchases were downloads. That means a lot more people are still buying movies as physical DVDs.
CIRP also found that people hate paying for premium shipping: 93% of customers use standard shipping, free Super Saver shipping, or Prime free 2-day shipping.
CIRP based its findings on surveys of 1,100 people who bought something on Amazon over an 8-month period.
Here's a full chart of what people are buying:
Here's what people are downloading:
Disclosure: Jeff Bezos is an investor in Business Insider through his personal investment company Bezos Expeditions.
- I've had the new iPhone 14 for 2 weeks. I should've listened to Steve Jobs' daughter because I now regret buying it.
- China tells state banks to prepare for a massive dollar dump and yuan buying spree as Beijing's prior interventions have failed to stem its currency's worst year since 1994
- Here is a list of bank holidays in October 2022
- IISC joins hands with AIIMS Rishikesh to develop algorithm that can read brain scans to detect epilepsy
- Overlapping symptoms of dengue, Covid-19 confusing in many cases, say doctors
- Sterlite Technologies launches optical solution for 5G rollout
- NASA pushes back Artemis I Moon mission launch to November
- Auto sales jump in September: Maruti reports over a 100% jump in volumes