Here's what the Galaxy S9 would look like if it had the iPhone X notch
In fact, the Galaxy S9 looks almost identical to the Galaxy S8, and it holds up remarkably well. It means the Galaxy S9 still has bezels above and below the display, but it still looks every bit as modern and sleek as the bezel-less iPhone X.
But what if it did have a notch, what would it look like? If you ask me, it would look pretty good. It could even be a precursor to Samsung's next Galaxy phone when Google adds official support for the notch in the next version of Android - Android P.
Check out what the Galaxy S9 would look like if Samsung gave it the notch treatment, courtesy of 3D rendering artist Martin Hajek:
Samsung makes unbeatable smartphone displays, so a notched Galaxy S9 with an edge-to-edge screen would look pretty sleek.
The Galaxy S9's curved-edge design would make the notched Galaxy S9 design appear as if it had even narrower bezels than the iPhone X.
I don't mind the notch on the iPhone X, and I wouldn't mind it on the Galaxy S9.
Still, the notch is a compromise in design, as the sensor, earpiece, and front facing camera wouldn't work with a display on top of them.
But a bezel-less design would give you more screen while keeping the Galaxy S9's original size. It's up to you whether you like it or not.
- Xiaomi is worried that investigations in India might affect it cash flows, operating results
- Delhi and Kolkata are the two most polluted cities in the world: Report
- There is a yawning gap between the confidence of consumers and businesses
- TikTok’s in-app browser on iOS includes code that can monitor your keystrokes and taps
- Couch and Surf: What’s streaming on OTT this weekend?