Here's what you need to know about the border security compromise that could avert another government shutdown
- The bipartisan conference committee unveiled their border security compromise late Wednesday night.
- The White House is currently reviewing the package, but President Trump is expected to sign it.
- The compromise was crafted to avert another government shutdown.
The bipartisan, bicameral conference committee released their border security compromise late Wednesday night. The plan includes funding for a number of key areas regarding United States national security and protection along the southern and northern borders.
The bill is 1,159 pages. Here are some of the key elements of the plan.
A decrease in detention beds.
A huge increase in Customs and Border Protection funding.
ICE's budget will also dramatically increase.
The deal includes funding for physical barriers along the border.
However, fencing will be prohibited in certain areas.
Cybersecurity funding decreases from previous year.
The Secret Service gets a boost.
- GST Council meet: No new tax on food delivery apps Swiggy, Zomato
- SBI, Kotak Mahindra and others cut home loan rates ahead of festive season
- Virat Kohli's T20I journey as captain is better than Dhoni's
- Gen Z decoded: MTV's latest report reflects Gen Z’s behavior patterns,mindsets, habits and perceptions
- From ecommerce to payments — here are the top funded business models of last one year