Here's what you'll pay for a babysitter in nine of the most expensive cities in the US
But even if your children no longer require a nanny or attend a day care, hiring a sitter for a single night out can add up quickly - especially if you live in a major city, such as New York or San Francisco.
UrbanSitter recently surveyed over 20,000 families from across the country to find the average hourly rate parents pay for babysitting, focusing its report on nine of America's most expensive cities.
San Francisco clocks in as the most expensive place to hire a sitter, costing $17.34 per hour for a single child. Denver proves the cheapest on the list, yet it still costs $12.22 per hour for a single child.
What are you willing to pay for a night out? If you're on the hunt for a babysitter, read on to see how much it costs in nine of the most expensive cities in the US.
Note: all figures refer to hourly rates.
- Culinary odyssey: Exploring Kochi's 10 famous cuisines
- Scientists have finally figured out what happened to the lost continent ‘Argoland’ that went missing 155 million years ago
- Revamp your health in 2024: 10 Essential food habits for a better life
- Consistent inflows push small-cap funds AUM past Rs 2 lakh cr mark in Nov
- Ola Electric aims to raise nearly Rs 5,800 cr via IPO, to file DRHP