Here's which professions get the most and least respect
View all Offers
Longies Men Boxer Shorts₹ 849₹ 1497Buy On
Amazon Brand - Symbol Men's Regular Lounge Pants₹ 509₹ 1599Buy On
Amazon Brand - Symbol mens Track Pants₹ 459₹ 1299Buy On
- 68% OFF
Qube By Fort Collins Men's Parka Coat (12512Q_Tan_Large)₹ 899₹ 2725Buy On
Amazon Brand - Symbol Men's Regular Polo Shirt₹ 329₹ 1199Buy On
We came across a chart from the study in a political brand analysis by Fiske's occasional research partner, Chris Malone of Fidelum Partners.
Below, you can see the professions people respect most and least:
As Fiske and Dupree explained in the original study, low scores on warmth can lead to trouble.
"Being seen as competent but cold might not seem problematic until one recalls that communicator credibility requires not just status and expertise but also trustworthiness (warmth)."
Fiske and Dupree suggest that low warmth scores for scientists may explain why people are skeptical about global warming claims.
Another interesting part of the study? As NYMag's Jesse Singal pointed out when it came out, "lawyers are viewed as cold, ruthlessly efficient machines, of course." Also: people assume blue collar workers aren't very competent. Also: people really like nurses.
- Realme 9i first impressions — Tall display, stylish design and promising specs
- Coffee Day Enterprises stock climbs 70% in 7 days
- Affiliate Marketing Specialist, Media Buyer and Strategy Associate among India's fastest-growing jobs, as per LinkedIn
- Tech Mahindra has made its 8th acquisition in 10 months, but all that may not be enough to drive growth
- 10 themes that define how consumers are preparing themselves for 2022 as per Kantar