Here's why it feels like everyone in the US is single
Half of US adults are single.
In his latest monthly chart book, Deutsche Bank economist Torsten Sløk includes the following chart, which shows that not only are half of US adults singe, but this is a trend that has been tearing higher since the '70s.
Said another way, there is a huge bull market in single people in the US. (h/t @TheStalwart)
On Monday, Business Insider's Andy Kiersz took a look at eight reasons to be bullish on the US housing market. Among these were the huge number of 20-something adults in the US and improving consumer sentiment.
You can add to the list the number of US adults that are looking for someone else with whom they can form a household.
Valentine's Day is right around the corner.
- Culinary odyssey: Exploring Kochi's 10 famous cuisines
- Scientists have finally figured out what happened to the lost continent ‘Argoland’ that went missing 155 million years ago
- Revamp your health in 2024: 10 Essential food habits for a better life
- Consistent inflows push small-cap funds AUM past Rs 2 lakh cr mark in Nov
- Ola Electric aims to raise nearly Rs 5,800 cr via IPO, to file DRHP