Here's why the new iPad Pro has such a good camera
Sure, you can use it to take photos and videos of your family vacation, but that's not what it's for.It's for capturing super sharp, high-res photos and videos, and working with/on them on the same device.Advertisement
This is a camera and an editing station for professionals in a single device. It's perfect for projects where carrying around a camera and laptop is impractical, or is at least more of a hassle than bringing a single device, like the iPad Pro.
Here are a few of the things it can do:
- take photos of products, objects, projects, properties, people, or anything you want, and touch them up on the spot with pro-grade editing apps, and upload to the internet.
- take high-res videos, edit on the spot, and upload to the internet.
- scan pictures or art, which benefit from a higher quality camera for scanning, then annotate or sign with the Apple Pencil.
And you technically could do all that with the original 12.9-inch iPad Pro, as it has a decent 8-megapixel camera and runs on the same super-powerful A9X chips as the new iPad Pro. But it's not as good as the 12-megapixel camera, and it's far too large to take photo and videos with while you're out and about.
For one, the new iPad Pro has "Cinematic video stabilization." We haven't fully tested how well this "stabilization" works, but since it's "cinematic," it might be better suited for shooting video. The verdict is still out on that, though.
So, for anyone who wants to take big, beautiful photos and videos and fix them up on the spot for whatever reason, whether it be for real-estate or construction or whatever else, the new iPad Pro is a complete package for the professional on-the-go.
- Saudi Arabia suspends travel to and from India as the coronavirus case mount
- The future of brand storytelling lies in empathy
- Acer India signs Sonu Sood as brand ambassador
- COVID-19 herd immunity may be an impractical strategy
- Tech Mahindra subsidiary sells stake in Altiostar to Rakuten for $45 million