Hero MotoCorp, Honda Motors ahead of Bajaj, TVS in the Indian two-wheeler market
The combined sales of Hero MotoCorp and Honda Motor are more than Bajaj Auto and TVS, the Economic Times stated.
Though, Honda Motor is still quite a distance behind
In the two-wheeler market that has turned sluggish due to erratic rural demand, Honda's ability to remain positive is seen as a great propeller for its ambitious leadership dream. It is steering ahead of the rest by being a mass-market player.
Sales at Hero MotoCorp have declined by 5.64% in the past two months. Bajaj too has been in the negative territory. Chennai-based TVS Motors, which emerged as the third-largest player last year, maintained its edge over Bajaj Auto with sales rising 8%. Hero MotoCorp, despite the drop in sales, managed to stay ahead of the combined sales of its partner-turned-competitor Honda and TVS Motors.
According to an analyst, the polarisation trend in the Indian two-wheeler market is gaining strength as customers stick to market leader and top brands. "The smaller companies are on constant decline. It could be due to the downturn, where normally consumers prefer to stick to market leaders and impose higher confidence in their products. This could be weaning away customers from other companies like
Meanwhile, the Indian two-wheeler market declined 0.73% in the first two months of the current fiscal year, largely due to slowing demand from rural markets, after posting 5% growth in the year ended on March 31.
Popular on BI
- Towards a Greener Footprint: Prioritising Carbon-Neutrality Makes Good Businesses Sense! Are Indian Firms Making the Transition?
- Netflix confirms an ad supported tier is coming to its streaming service by year end
- Accenture, Cognizant could see revenue growth but a strong US dollar could spoil the party
- Kharif sowing is off to a weak start with extended dry spells and floods
- Best ladder for home use in India