How to use a nursing bra - and the best ones you can buy
- Choosing the right nursing bra and figuring out how it works can be intimidating and confusing when you've never nursed a baby before.
- We break down how to use a nursing bra in a few simple steps, and we recommend some of our favorite ones.
- Getting the right fit can be tricky because your size will change. ThirdLove has fit experts that can help solve this problem for you.
- The most common types of nursing bras are drop cup, front clasp, sleep bras, and pumping bras.
- Don't forget about what you'll wear with your nursing bra. Regular tops are an option, but you also might want to look into nursing tops as well as breast pads.
When you've never nursed a baby before, the nursing bra section in the store can be intimidating territory. If you're anything like me, you turn to online resources to help figure it all out rather than stand confused and overwhelmed in the aisles.
Maybe you're preparing for your baby's arrival, or maybe your sweet little one is already here and you've realized just how important nursing bras are. It's easy to forget about yourself and what you'll need after your baby's arrival when you're preparing for that bundle of joy.
There's good news - nursing bras are actually pretty user-friendly, and there are a lot of comfortable and cute options out there. All nursing bras are designed to give you easy and convenient access to nurse your baby. The most important part about using a nursing bra is finding the right style and fit that works for you.
Here are the nursing bras we recommend:
- Best traditional nursing bra: ThirdLove 24/7 Classic Nursing Bra
- Best wireless traditional nursing bra: Gratlin Lightly Padded Wireless Racerback Nursing Bra
- Best seamless traditional nursing bra: Bravado! Designs Body Silk Seamless Nursing Bra
- Best traditional nursing bra with extenders: HOFISH Full Bust Seamless Nursing Bra with Extra Bra Extenders & Clips
- Best front-clasp nursing bra: ThirdLove 24/7 Front Closure Nursing Bra
- Best full-figure front-clasp nursing bra: Paramour by Felina Bras: Lorraine Full-Figure Nursing Bra
- Best sleep nursing bra: Sunzel Cotton Spandex Seamless Sleep Bra for Nursing
- Best wrap-front sleep nursing bra: Wrap Maternity And Nursing Sleep Bra
- Best full-coverage sleep nursing bra: Full Coverage Maternity And Nursing Sleep Bra
- Best pumping bra: Essential Relaxed Pump & Nurse Bra with Built in Hands-Free Pumping Bra
- Best pumping bra for work: Lansinoh Simple Wishes Hands Free Breast Pump Bustier
Keep scrolling to learn how to use a nursing bra.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to get the right fit
How to use a traditional drop-cup nursing bra
How to use a front- or middle-clasp nursing bra
How to use a no-clasp or sleep bra
How to use a specialty or pumping bra
What to wear with your nursing bra
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next Chief Minister of Punjab
- iQOO to launch its new smartphone AiQOO Z5 in India soon at ₹30,000
- India may soon reopen its doors for foreign tourists as COVID-19 cases decline in the country
- Airlines can now operate 85% of pre-Covid domestic flights, says Aviation Ministry
- Yes Bank-DHFL case: No sympathy, says court, Rana Kapoor's wife, daughters remanded to judicial custody