Hong Kong cancels all flights in and out of the city as protesters fill the airport for 4th day
- Hong Kong airport has cancelled all flights going in and out of the city for the rest of the day as protesters occupy airport buildings, according to numerous outlets.
- Thousands of protesters continue to occupy Hong Kong International Airport for the fourth consecutive day.
- They are rallying against the mainland Chinese government and the Hong Kong police's handling of recent rallies in the city.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Hong Kong airport authorities have cancelled all flights going in and out of the city for the rest of the day as protesters continue to gather at the busy hub, numerous outlets reported.
The flight cancellations came around 4 p.m. local time, Hong Kong's RTHK TV station reported.
Thousands of people protesting the mainland Chinese government and Hong Kong police's handling of the city's recent rallies have occupied Hong Kong International Airport's departures and arrivals hall for the past four consecutive days.
Flights that are currently airborne will be able to land, the South China Morning Post reported.
Earlier on Monday, Hong Kong International Airport restricted the departures area to passengers with a ticket to leave the city in the next 24 hours.
The airport typically handles 800 flights every day, RTHK reported.
Hong Kong International Airport did not immediately respond to a request for comment from Business Insider.
LIVE: Protesters surround Hong Kong International Airport https://t.co/S60eMF8fxr- Reuters Top News (@Reuters) August 12, 2019
- Rupee has fared relatively well in 2022 versus other emerging market peers: World Bank
- There is a universal pattern to swearing, across languages
- Are you effectively assessing the impact of marketplace management services?
- Digital upskilling has become the need of the hour for the pharma sector
- Why manufacturers must embrace skills transformation to be future-ready
- Jio Haptik
- Reliance Jio
- Digital Nomad Visa
- Whatsapp tips
- Air India crew guidelines
- Mukesh Ambani
- Larget Employers
- Highest Revenue companies
- New Cars in December 2022
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- Most Valuable Companies
- Top Valuable unlisted Company
- Kama Holdings
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World