Hot cybersecurity startup Tenable has filed to go public
- The cybersecurity startup Tenable filed to go public on Friday.
- The startup was last valued at $550 million in 2015, when it raised a $250 million mega-funding round led by Insight Venture Partners and Accel.
- The company plans to list on the NASDAQ under the ticker "TENB."
Business may slow in summer, but the IPO boom powers on.
Tenable, a Maryland-based cybersecurity company, officially filed to go public on Friday. The company plans to list on the NASDAQ under the ticker "TENB."
Tenable describes itself as a "cyber exposure" company, and sells a Software-as-a-Service product to detect security vulnerabilities, as well as a platform to enable chief information security officers to "manage and measure risk."
Though founded in 2002, the company gained notoriety in 2015 after raising a mega-sized $250 million series B from investors at Insight Venture Partners and Accel. That round valued the company at $550 million, according to PitchBook, and at the time was considered to be the largest-ever cybersecurity funding round to date.
Tenable president and CEO Amit Yoran was previously on the executive team at Symantec and RSA. He also has a background doing security work for the US government.
Like many modern tech IPO candidates, Tenable is unprofitable. The company saw $187.7 million in revenue in 2017, but reported $41 million in losses. The company has a cumulative deficit of $408.5 million, according to the S-1.
But the company is growing. Tenable's revenue grew 51% from 2016 to 2017, which the company attributes to subscription growth.
- 479 leaked photos purporting to show Putin's secret palace, with an ice rink and pole-dancing room, published by Navalny foundation
- SEBI is hiring young graduate professionals for a monthly stipend of ₹60,000, last date is January 25
- The first pig-heart transplant patient was denied a human heart after failing to follow doctors' orders
- This Indian couple plans to get married in a Hogwarts-themed metaverse to beat the pandemic's restrictions
- Here are some of Netaji’s inspirational quotes as India remembers its valiant fighter
- Lifecycle of cryptocurrencies – From creation to trade and destruction
- Reliance Industries net profit more than triples in the last eight quarters to $2.8 billion
- Reliance Retail earns $1.3 billion more than its best-ever quarter