Housing.com decides to Reintroduce Rental Offering
It had, however, taken a strategic decision to close rentals in order to focus the company on the home buying and selling segment. With a fresh year on its way, the company is looking towards expanding its presence from the core business of home buying and selling by reviving home rentals once again.
ALSO READ: Shopclues launches 'Reach' to digitize offline merchants payments
The re-entry and plans to launch home rentals have been slated for early next year. Sharing figures compared to last year, the real estate startup recently claimed that on a monthly basis, it is seeing revenues grow by 400%, operating costs reduce by 70% and traffic rise by more than 200%.
While the company had planned to relaunch rentals towards the end of next year, the government’s recent demonetisation move has led to advancement in the plans.
This seems like a great move by Housing.com because even as demonetization is expected to cause a slow-down in the home buying and selling segment , it will most likely spur growth in the home rentals space.
Popular on BI
- SC slams Nupur Sharma, says her loose tongue set the country on fire
- Will review tax on crude, diesel and ATF every fortnight says Nirmala Sitharaman
- JB Pharma acquires four pediatric brands of Dr Reddy’s Labs for ₹98.3 crore
- Hyundai feels the pinch of chip shortage, global sales fall 4.5%
- Audi gets back some of its lost shine with EVs, gears up for launch