How 46-year-old WWE superstar Chris Jericho stays in amazing shape
WWE legend and lead singer of the heavy metal band Fozzy is on the road promoting his new book "No Is a Four Letter Word: How I Failed Spelling But Succeeded in Life." Jericho stopped by Business Insider and we asked him how, at 46-years-old, he stays in such incredible physical shape. Following is a full transcript of the video.
I like to push myself and have the confidence in my abilities and believe in myself. And doing, you know, a dive off the top of the cage at, I think it was 45, a lot of it is just preparation, you know? Don't let yourself get completely out of shape to when something like that comes up, you can't do it.
How do I do it? It's not like I'm in the gym five hours a day. Hell, I don't even hardly go to the gym anymore. I love, you know, riding my bike long distances, but other than that, I think it really is a personable trait. Like, the "Gene Simmons Principle" is "always look like a star." AKA always look your best. Always try to do something that makes you look a little bit better and a little bit of bounce and pep in your step.
A few years ago, I did the Paleo diet or the "Caveman diet." All you do is just eat berries, nuts, meats, eggs, stuff that you can cull from the land. It's great. Works like a charm. But after about four or five months, you start losing your mind. It's like "is it really worth it?"
If I want to have a cookie, I'm not gonna freaking, you know, purge myself because I enjoyed a hamburger. To me, there really is no diet. It's just that, if I start feeling a little bit bigger, I'll cut down. If I start feeling like I'm a little bit too cut up, then I'll, you know, eat a little bit more.
You don't need a diet book or a doctor. Just be smart, man! Don't eat sh---y food! That's basically it! And if you do, don't make it a habit.
We're living in a world now where, you know, the proverbial "age is just a number-" I think it really is. Whereas maybe 10, 20, 30 years ago, when you got to a certain age, you had to punch your card and that was done. If you have a positive outlook, it opens up so many avenues, and that includes mentally and physically.
- People are posting parody photos of their bedside table in response to Elon Musk's tweet which suggested the Twitter CEO kept two guns by his bed
- Elon Musk calls on all Twitter designers, engineers doing software to sit on his floor of HQ for 'dense and intense' work
- Sensex, Nifty50 open higher as US Fed signals smaller rate hikes – TCS, Apollo Hospitals, Zomato among stocks in focus
- Here are the best apps and games on Google Play in India 2022
- Top 10 companies with the highest net profit in India as per Hurun 2022 list
- Rupee gains 8 paise to close at 81.22 against US dollar
- BYJU’s, Zomato, Dream11 among India’s most valuable PE/VC-funded companies as per Hurun
- GST revenues rose by 11% to ₹1.46 lakh crore in November: Finance Ministry