How America's biggest companies are intimately interconnected
What do Ronald Williams, Jim McNerney and Kenneth Chenault have in common?
They are the three most popular board directors at the 30 companies that make up the Dow Jones Industrial Average.
RJ Andrews, who runs the Info We Trust blog, mapped out the board member overlap at DJIA companies.
The research is based on Bloomberg data, and includes common board members only.
He told Business Insider he initiated the data project to see just how inter-connected Wall Street truly is.
The result is a spider's web connecting some of the biggest companies in America.
Chenault is still the sitting CEO and chairman of American Express, and also sits on the boards of IBM and Procter & Gamble.
Williams, who used to run Aetna, sits on the boards of Boeing, Johnson and Johnson and American Express.
Jim McNerney stepped down from CEO role at Boeing at the end of June, but continues to act as chairman. He also serves on the boards IBM and Procter & Gamble.
American Express declined to comment. Boeing, IBM and Procter & Gamble did not return calls seeking comment in time for publication.
There are a further 63 executives who sit on two boards, according to Andrews' analysis. Only three companies - The Home Depot, Verizon, and UnitedHealthcare - had no board member overlap with other DJIA constituents.
- 'Quiet quitting' is a bad idea, experts say. Here are 6 things you can do instead to get the same results if you're looking for better work-life balance – or to lighten your workload
- Airtel 5G launched in eight cities, entire country to be covered by 2024
- This pioneering regional OTT has turned profitable in 5 years – here’s how
- Concerned over growing population, the RSS chief calls for a comprehensive policy to check it (Ld)
- EU votes for law that will force Apple to ditch lightening port for Type-C by 2024
- S.Korea builds underground physics lab to explore universe
- HCLTech to hire 1,000 people in Brazil, open next-gen tech centre
- Kidnapping of Indian-origin family in US: Relatives back home in Punjab village in state of shock
- Tata Tiago Electric Car
- HCL Tech
- World Heart Day 2022
- Apple Tablets in Amazon Sale
- RBI Repo Rate
- Akash Ambani
- Amazon festival Sale
- Upcoming new Mobile in October
- Amazon Festival Sale
- Best Companies for Work
- India's Richest People
- RBI Interest Rate hike
- Upcoming Smartphone in 2022
- Top 10 Colleges in India
- Top 10 Airlines in World