How Apple's next major iPhone update will turn your phone into a much better health tracker
- Apple's Health app is getting a big upgrade in iOS 13 that introduces new metrics like the ability to monitor hearing health and more.
- It represents a noticeable push into health for Apple that could make it a more formidable alternative to Fitbit.
- Overall, the update makes it easier to see more health data at a glance when using Apple's Health app.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Wellness has been a major focus for Apple in recent years, with CEO Tim Cook telling CNBC in January that the company's "greatest contribution to mankind" will be about health.
Apple is taking this notion a step further in iOS 13 with an array of new features coming to the iPhone's Health app, including a closer look at activity trends, a new metric for measuring auditory health, and other changes.
Here's a look at what you can expect to see from the new Health app when iOS 13 launches for your iPhone this fall.
A more comprehensive home screen.
A better snapshot of your health data.
More insight about your activity.
A new metric for hearing health.
Female health tracking.
Overall, it's a big improvement that could make the Apple Watch a more tempting option for fitness enthusiasts.
- I took a new job in a remote location after my divorce. There aren't many people to date, but I'm happy staying single.
- Elon Musk hits out at viral videos of DINK couples, saying there's an 'awful morality' to those who choose not to have children
- Married couples often share high blood pressure, study shows
- 8 Irresistible seasonal snacks to warm your winter days
- Vijay Shekhar Sharma says 'Wed in India' is a good idea for its food options
- NCLAT stays CCI penalty on NTPC in Ratnagiri Gas & Power shares issue
- A Japanese Start-Up Is Testing a Rocket Powered Entirely By Rocket Fuel Created From Cow Dung!
- Amazon sues scammers for stealing millions of dollars via fake returns