How India Shopped On Flipkart in 2016
The country’s biggest e-tailer saw some very interesting trends brewing up when it comes to Indian consumers.
ALSO READ: BI Year-Ender: Five surprising startup acquisitions in 2016
Some of the interesting ones are:
1) A major chunk of Flipkart customers are on a smartphone as 80% of the traffic comes from Mobile.
3) The most popular categories in 2016 were Electronic accessories, mobiles, women clothing, men footwear and consumer electronics across all regions.
4) Top brands throughout the year were
ALSO READ: These are the five gadgets you should buy before the year ends
5) Books, mobile phones, saris are specific products that are a big hit amongst customers from across geographies.
6) Men emerged as the larger chunk of online shoppers in 2016; over 60% of Flipkart’s customers.
7) 25-34 year olds comprised the most active shoppers online and interestingly, 15% of shoppers on Flipkart, were from the 45+ years of age.
8)Sales of branded products across categories saw a sharp increase, as more of Tier 2 and Tier 3 Indian towns took to shopping online.
Popular on BI
- With Rupay Credit Card on UPI, mobile payments pioneer Paytm deepens its leadership in UPI
- Financial inclusion made easy for India’s small merchants with Paytm’s pioneering QR codes and Soundbox
- A 24-year-old stock trader who made over $8 million in 2 years shares the 4 indicators he uses as his guides to buy and sell
- Here’s how the Adani group companies fared in FY23
- New TCS regulations may pinch your wallet while travelling abroad. Here’s how you can minimise the impact
- ICC top brass seeks PCB assurances that it will send team to India for ODI World Cup
- OTT releases to watch for June, 2023
- India becomes a global leader by regulating anti-tobacco warnings on OTT Platforms