How India Shopped On Flipkart in 2016
The country’s biggest e-tailer saw some very interesting trends brewing up when it comes to Indian consumers.
AdvertisementALSO READ: BI Year-Ender: Five surprising startup acquisitions in 2016
Some of the interesting ones are:
1) A major chunk of Flipkart customers are on a smartphone as 80% of the traffic comes from Mobile.
3) The most popular categories in 2016 were Electronic accessories, mobiles, women clothing, men footwear and consumer electronics across all regions.
4) Top brands throughout the year were
ALSO READ: These are the five gadgets you should buy before the year ends
5) Books, mobile phones, saris are specific products that are a big hit amongst customers from across geographies.
6) Men emerged as the larger chunk of online shoppers in 2016; over 60% of Flipkart’s customers.
Advertisement7) 25-34 year olds comprised the most active shoppers online and interestingly, 15% of shoppers on Flipkart, were from the 45+ years of age.
8)Sales of branded products across categories saw a sharp increase, as more of Tier 2 and Tier 3 Indian towns took to shopping online.
Popular on BI
- Close-ups of footage said to show Gabby Petito's van near where a body was found appear to show the rear door closing
- Elon Musk pulled his 'last remaining house' off the market after vowing last year to get rid of nearly all his possessions
- It's never been more clear: companies should give up on back to office and let us all work remotely, permanently
- Buying support pushes equities higher; ONGC, UPL, Bajaj Finance, JSW Steel rise
- Air Canada, Emirates, Air India and other airlines resume flights to Toronto and the tickets are priced up to ₹5 lakh
- SBI Cards is down as Carlyle dumps shares but the credit cards business is bouncing back
- India ranks among the top 50 countries in innovation
- Apple witnesses record iPhone 13 pre-orders in India, festive season likely to boost sales