Lok Sabha Election 2019: Total seats in Odisha
In the State of Odisha, there are 21 Lok Sabha constituencies in total. As per the Election Commission’s announcement on March 10, 2019,
Names of Constituencies in Odisha
The names of the 21 different Lok Sabha constituencies in Odisha are Kalahandi, Nabarangpur, Berhampur, Koraput, Bargarh, Sundargarh, Bolangir, Kandhamal, Aska, Sambalpur, Keonjhar, Dhenkanal, Cuttack, Puri, Bhubaneswar, Mayurbhanj, Balasore, Bhadrak, Jajpur, Kendrapara, and Jagatsinghpur.
The present status of constituencies in Odisha
Odisha is always a very tough ground to contest for both the national parties BJP and Congress. After a vigorous election campaign in the state during 2014 Lok Sabha elections, the BJP secured only 1 seat in the state. The Biju Janata Dal was elected from 20 constituencies.
In 2009 Lok Sabha elections, the BJP could not get even a single seat in the state while the Biju Janata Dal had won from 14 places.
- Because creativity must go on...
- Tripura's COVID-19 tally mounts to 2,068 with 105 fresh cases
- ₹10,000 invested in Biocon just before lockdown is now worth over ₹16,500— here’s why
- Puducherry reports 50 new COVID-19 cases, overall tally rises
- Indian GDP to contract 7.5 pc if COVID vaccine is delayed, 4 pc in base case: Report