How much a nursing home room costs in all 50 states
MoMo Productions/Getty Images
- The older we get, the more expensive and difficult it can be to manage our health.
- From home care to assisted living, to nursing homes, there's a number of ways to get extra support to keep elderly people's health in control, with varying prices.
- A private nursing home room, for instance, can cost as little as $5,293 a month or as high as $27,573 depending on which state you live in.
- Here's how much a nursing home room costs in each of the 50 states.
As we grow older and our health isn't what it used to be, the time might come for a conversation about whether getting extra help.From home care to assisted living, to nursing homes, there's a number of ways to get extra support to keep elderly people's health in control, with varying prices. Advertisement
For instance, the cost of a private room in a nursing home can vary wildly by state, from as low as $5,293 a month in Oklahoma to as high as $27,573 a month in Alaska.
Here's a look at the median monthly cost of a private nursing home room in every state, according to survey data collected by Genworth, an insurance company that provides long-term care insurance.
Shayanne Gal/Business Insider
Keep reading to see the 10 most expensive states.
10. Delaware, $10,950 per month
9. New Hampshire, $11,102 per monthAdvertisement
8. North Dakota, $11,690 per month
7. West Virginia, $11,702 per monthAdvertisement
6. New Jersey $11,863 per month
5. New York, $12,189 per monthAdvertisement
4. Massachusetts, $12,775 per month
3. Hawaii, $13,657 per monthAdvertisement
2. Connecticut, $13,733 per month
1. Alaska, $27,573 per monthAdvertisement
- Bihar COVID-19 death toll reaches 88, infection tally climbs to 11,456
- Thane COVID-19 count crosses 40k-mark, Kalyan surge continues
- COVID-19 death toll in Odisha reaches 34; tally mounts to 8,601
- 3 more COVID-19 fatalities in Jharkhand, toll rises to 18; 36 new cases detected
- COVID-19: As average daily cases come down, experts say Delhi may go past peak in August