How the retail industry will top $5.5 trillion by 2020
The future of
So bright that Business Insider Intelligence, Business Insider's premium research service, expects the industry to top $5.5 trillion by 2020!While in-store and desktop purchases are certainly helping the retail industry boom, the biggest factor for this incredible growth is in your pocket.Advertisement
Find out why the smartphone will be crucial for retailers in 2018 and beyond with the first part of a brand new slide deck from Business Insider Intelligence called The Future of Retail: Mobile Commerce.
Here are some of the key takeaways:
- US retail is growing $200 billion year-over-year
- In-store retail is still dwarfing e-commerce
- But e-commerce is growing almost 4x faster than in-store
- Mobile commerce is driving most of that growth
- And much more
To get your copy of the first part of this FREE slide deck, simply click here.
- Zomato announces 10 days of menstrual leave for all women employees – including transgender people
- Mukesh Ambani is now the world’s fourth-richest person after he beat Louis Vuitton owner Bernard Arnault
- If you have a high risk tolerance — here are a few ‘aggressive’ investment bets to consider
- Karnataka is building a cycling map for Bengaluru by crowdsourcing inputs from city's cyclists
- Indian Medical Association says nearly 200 doctors have lost their lives to COVID-19