How to block private callers from reaching your Samsung Galaxy S10
- If you get a lot of unwanted calls on your Samsung Galaxy S10, you can block all private or unknown calls with a single setting in the Phone app.
- You can also use this phone settings page to block specific phone numbers.
- After you enable this feature, receiving calls from private numbers won't make your Galaxy S10 ring.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Telemarketers and robocalls have become a modern blight on our smartphones, but you don't need to put up with their annoyances anymore.
Since many unwanted calls are made with the caller's number blocked, and appear on your phone as "private" or "unknown," you can block those calls with one simple setting on your Galaxy S10.To find out what happens when you block a caller on your Galaxy S10, see our article, "Here's what happens when you block a phone number on your Samsung Galaxy S10."
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to block private calls on a Samsung Galaxy S10
1. Start the Phone app.
2. Tap the three vertical dots on the right side of the screen and tap "Settings" in the drop-down menu.
3. Tap "Block numbers."
This is also where you can block other numbers. If there are phone numbers you don't want to get calls or text messages from, you can add them here. For more information, read the article, "How to block specific phone numbers or all unknown callers on your Samsung Galaxy phone."
And if you're generally looking for a more thorough way of dealing with robocalls and telemarketers, check out our article, "How to stop robocalls and other spam calls from reaching your Android phone."
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
Insider receives a commission when you buy through our links.