How to check your Amazon gift card balance on a desktop or mobile device
- Amazon gift cards can be used to buy just about anything, from products to produce to an Amazon Prime membership.
- Amazon will first use the balance of a gift card loaded onto your account and then will revert to your primary payment method, so it's important to know how much is left on your gift card if you don't want to spend your own money.
- You cannot check the value of an Amazon gift card before loading it onto your account, but you can check your gift card balance before you complete any purchases.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Amazon doesn't mind if you want to know how much of a gift card balance you have, but they don't want you to know the value of a gift card or gift code before it's loaded onto your account.
So if you want to know how much that gift card you got in a birthday card is worth, or if you want to know how much you have left from that gift card you redeemed after Christmas, you'll have to head to the same place: your account page, on either a desktop computer or mobile device.
How to check your Amazon gift card balance on desktop1. Log into your account and from the homepage, hover over Accounts & Lists, then click "Your Account."
2. Click the box that says "Gift Cards."
3. You will be taken to a page where you can view your gift card balance, as well as recent transactions using Amazon gift cards.
How to check your Amazon gift card balance on a mobile device1. Log into your account, tap the three parallel lines at the top left of the screen and scroll down, then tap "Your Account."
2. Scroll down to the Amazon Wallet section on and tap "Manage gift card balance."
3. View your gift card balance and transactions on the page that opens.
From the "gift card" pages on both desktop and mobile, you can also quickly and easily redeem another gift card, or you can opt to "Reload Your Balance," adding cash to your Amazon account from a debit card or directly from your bank account.
Amazon rewards Prime members with 2% cash back when you do this, something they can afford to do as it ensures you will be spending more money with them.