How to clear the Instagram cache on your iPhone to free up storage space
- You can clear the Instagram cache on your iPhone by simply deleting the app in your settings and then redownloading it.
- The Instagram cache stored on your iPhone helps images load quicker and makes navigating the app a smoother experience.
- But you may want to clear an overloaded Instagram cache on your iPhone, as it can free up valuable space and help your phone and the app work better.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
When you scroll through that busy Instagram feed of yours, you probably take it for granted how quickly the images load.Instagram cache makes viewing posts quicker, but it can also take up space to the point that it may eventually contribute to your iPhone running out of room and not working properly.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
1. Launch the Settings app.
2. Tap on the General tab.
3. Tap the iPhone Storage tab.
5. Tap "Delete App," then confirm.
6. Go to the App Store app and redownload Instagram.
Your account will still be there with all your followers in place and all your past posts intact - the images and data will simply have been removed from your phone, giving you much needed free space.