How to connect Beats wireless headphones and Powerbeats earbuds to your iPhone
- You can connect Beats wireless headphones to your iPhone in just a few simple steps.
- Beats by Dre is owned by Apple, and if you're a student buying a Mac or iPad, you might be able to get Beats headphones for free.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
1. Turn on the power. On Beats - the over-the-ear headphones - the power button is on the cable under the right earphone. On Powerbeats - the earbuds - the power button is on the left earpiece.
2. The power light should flash on and off. This indicates it's in pairing mode. If it doesn't flash, it may have connected to another nearby device. You might need to turn Bluetooth off on other devices in order to connect to your iPhone.
3. If you don't get a flashing light at first, hold the power button for several seconds to go into pairing mode.
4. Open Settings > Bluetooth on your iPhone. Make sure Bluetooth is on.
5. Select your new Beats or Powerbeats earphones from the list of Other Devices.
6. Your Beats wireless will be added to the My Devices list and it should say Connected.
If you use your earphones with multiple devices, you may need to go into Settings again to connect to your iPhone.
How to troubleshoot if your Beats aren't connecting to an iPhone
- Make sure your Beats or Powerbeats earphones are close to your iPhone and other Bluetooth devices are not. Other electronic devices, such as wireless routers and microwaves, can also get in the way of your Beats connection.
- Go to the Settings > Bluetooth menu and make sure that your Beats are selected.
- Tap the lowercase "i" icon next to your device in the Bluetooth menu. On the next screen, choose Forget This Device. Then pair your Beats with your iPhone again.
- Make sure that both your Beats and iPhone are charged and turned on, and that the volume is loud enough to hear.