How to create a Facebook business page for your company, brand, or community
- You can create a Facebook business page with your basic contact information in a few quick steps.
- You can always make changes to your Facebook business page as needed.
- If you've been using a regular Facebook profile for your business, you don't have to set up a new page - you can convert it.
- Visit BusinessInsider.com for more stories.
How to create a Facebook business page
1. From your personal Facebook profile, click the Pages link in the left sidebar menu and open the menu on the right-hand side called Your Pages.
2. From the Your Pages menu, click the Create Page button.
3. Choose the Business or Brand page type.
4. Enter your business or brand name and a business category. Please note, the Local Business category requires a physical address while other categories may not.
5. Click the Continue button to save your information.
6. Upload a page profile and cover images. You can choose to skip for now if you prefer to add them later.
Congratulations, you've created a new Facebook page!
Before you write your page's first post, be sure to update your page with additional information for your business.
Call to action
Add a call-to-action button to your business page by clicking Add a Button. Choose an action from the available options. You can have visitors book appointments, contact you through Facebook Messenger, download your app, and more.
Choose a page username. This username will become the web address for your business page (e.g. facebook.com/businessinsider).
Enter upcoming events
From the Events section, add any upcoming public events. Make it easy for your future fans to find information about your business's scheduled events. Fans of your page can show interest in your events by clicking a button to indicate their intention to attend.
Update the About section
From the About section, update all the content you would like to be public. Include your business website and operating hours if applicable. You can also give staff members access to edit your page from this menu.
Explore publishing tools
Facebook has built-in scheduling tools that allow you to plan and publish your posts according to a schedule of your choosing. These tools help you automate the process of posting updates. You can save draft versions of your posts here as well.
Converting a personal profile to a business page
If you have been using a personal Facebook profile for your business, you can convert it to a business page using Facebook's conversion wizard. While the process is called a conversion, it actually copies your personal profile to a page. Your personal profile will remain intact and a new page based on that profile will be created. You can update the newly created page as you would a page created from scratch.
Facebook pages are published as soon as they are created. This means an incomplete page would be visible to the public as soon as it's created. If you would prefer to work on your page in private before making it available to the public, you can update its visibility from the page settings menu. This will prevent the page from being available until you're ready to publish it again. Remember to update the visibility setting when you are ready to publish it.