How to find your ring size with a tape measure or ring sizer
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Finding your proper ring size is important for both the comfort of your fingers as well as for ensuring your prized piece of jewelry doesn't slip off.
- Once you know your accurate ring size (or that of the intended wearer), you can not only have a new ring custom made, but you can have existing rings resized.
- Here's how to quickly, easily, and accurately find your ring size with a measuring tape, a ring sizer, or the help of a jeweler.
When I bought my wife her engagement ring 15 years ago, it was the first piece of truly expensive jewelry I had ever bought. Being a college-aged man at the time, I did the logical thing and simply guessed at her ring size. As it happened, I was pretty accurate. (That or she had it resized and thoughtfully didn't tell me.) But now that I've grown a bit wise, I can give you a piece of advice: Don't guess at ring size.
A ring that's too large might slip off a finger, especially when its wearer's hands are cold, wet, or both. A ring that's too tight is a pain to get on and off and can be uncomfortable at all times when worn, as well, constricting proper blood flow and movement of the poor bejeweled digit.
The good news? It's easy to find your ring size. Here are three ways to do it that, if done right, are sure to work. Quick pro tip: Measure at the end of the day because your finger will be at its most swollen then. Also, if you have large knuckles, you might need to take those into account and measure at the joint.
Here are the tools you need to help you find your ring size:
- Best soft tape measure: Singer 60-inch Tape Measure
- Best ring sizer and mandrel set: Rosenthal Ring Collection Ring Sizer Mandrel
- Best ring sizer: KUUQA Ring Sizer
Learn how to find your ring size and the tools you need to do it in the slides below:
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to find your ring size with a tape measure, ruler, and string
How to find ring size with a ring sizing tool
How to find your ring size with a professional jeweler
- Oppo Find N3 Flip long term review - The end game for flip smartphones
- ED files first charge sheet against Chinese smartphone maker Vivo-India, others
- Redmi 13C 5G vs Redmi 12 5G – Battle of the budget Redmi smartphones
- Creating a search friendly resume – Here’s how to crack the ATS code
- Gold rush: Don’t recycle or book profits yet, another bull-run on the way say analysts