How to introduce your significant other to your coworkers, according to an expert
- Introducing your significant other to your coworkers can be daunting.
- You should agree with your partner on what to call each other, a couples counselor told Business Insider.
- Here are seven tips for introducing your significant other to your coworkers.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
When you have a new job, meeting all your new coworkers can be a challenging enough task.
If you have a significant other, the next big step for your office relationships is to bring your personal and professional lives together by introducing your partner to your fellow employees.
This is sometimes easier said than done, especially if you're concerned about personalities clashing or that you'll introduce somebody the wrong way. But don't freak out - it can be done if you think a few things out ahead of time.
We asked marriage therapist and couples counselor Marni Feuerman what to do when introducing your significant other to coworkers.
Here's her best advice.
Be honest with your partner beforehand
Don't make the introduction the main event
Agree on what to call each other
Prioritize the higher-ups first
Don't wait to do the introductions
Look for common ground
Don't get too worked up about the whole thing
- Dominos India and Osho Jain create a music video together to urge citizens to get vaccinated
- IPO-bound ixigo acquires bus ticketing platform AbhiBus to strengthen its footprint
- Best earphones with heavy bass in India
- With 9.8% growth in H1 2021 revenues, WPP says it has returned to 2019 levels a year ahead of plan
- Gold bond early redemption window opens today — if you don’t need the money now, stay invested