How to log out of Facebook Messenger on an iPhone, through Facebook's desktop site or mobile apps
- Facebook's Messenger app is a great way to connect with friends, but figuring out how to log out of Messenger on an iPhone can help you eliminate distractions.
- While logged in, Facebook Messenger allows you to send text messages, videos, photos, and GIFs to your contacts in real time. But it also sends you notifications whenever someone messages you, which can be distracting.
- When you no longer want to be active online, you can log out of the Messenger app on an iPhone through either Facebook's desktop site or the Facebook or Messenger mobile apps.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
How to log out of Facebook Messenger on iPhone on desktop
1. In your internet browser, go to Facebook.com and sign into your account.2. In the upper right-hand corner of your screen, click on the downward facing arrow to reveal a list of menu options. Look for "Settings" at the bottom and click on it.
3. On the "Settings" screen, click on "Security and Login" on the menu on the left side of your screen. It should be the second option down from the top, just under "General."4. In the "Security and Login" section, look for the "Where You're Logged In" heading. This area will tell you on which devices you're currently logged into Facebook and via which app, i.e. Messenger. Advertisement
5. Locate the active login on Messenger and, clicking the three horizontally stacked lines to the right of it, go to "Log out" and select it.
6. You will notice that the login then disappears from the list, which is how you'll know you've successfully logged out.
How to log out of Facebook Messenger on iPhone through the Facebook mobile app1. Open the Facebook app and after locating the three horizontally stacked lines in the lower right-hand corner of your screen, tap it to open a list of menu options. Advertisement
2. Scroll down until you reach the "Settings & Privacy" section. Tap that, then select "Settings" again to be taken to a new screen of account and security settings.
3. Under the "Security" section, tap the first option titled "Security and login."
Jennifer Still/Business Insider
Note that when you re-launch the Messenger app, you will be informed that your session is expired and that you're required to sign in again in order to resume using Messenger.
Jennifer Still/Business Insider
How to log out of Facebook Messenger on iPhone through the Messenger app
You can also log out through the Messenger app itself.2. Tap your icon in the top-left corner of the screen.Advertisement
3. In the menu that opens, scroll down and tap "Account Settings."
4. This will open a Settings menu. Tap "Security and Login."5. Under the "Where you're logged in" section, look for the device which is logged into Messenger (it will say so beneath the device type). Tap the three horizontally stacked dots to the right of it and a pop-up will appear asking you to either secure your account or log out. Advertisement
6. Select "Log Out."
Related coverage from How To Do Everything: Tech:
- Doctor tests positive for coronavirus in Odisha's Cuttack
- Bihar COVID toll reaches 15 as 2 migrants die; tally 2,968 with 231 fresh cases
- Fed up with living in containment zones, mob attacks police
- C'garh govt declares 95 areas as containment zones
- Migrant labourer in transit to WB dies in C'garh of COVID-19