How to make pizza without an oven
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Even without an oven, it's easy to prepare pizza at home, whether you're making it from scratch or simply heating up a frozen pie.
- You likely already have all the tools required to make pizza without an oven right there in your kitchen, or you can purchase them at surprisingly low prices.
- We recommend Calphalon's toaster oven as an oven substitute, Lodge cast iron pans for stovetop pizza, and the Maxi Nature Kitchenware pizza pans for grilling.
- Once you have enjoyed grilled or cast iron skillet pizza, you may not go back to oven-baked pizza even once the option presents itself.
While various forms of flatbreads topped with cheeses, meats, vegetables, and herbs have been consumed for centuries by civilizations around the world, pizza, as we know it today, has only been around for about 250 years.
We have the poorer residents of late 1700s Naples to thank for this delectable foodstuff, as pizza was the main foodstuff of the city's working class in that era. Though disdained as peasant food for nearly a century after it became commonplace, many of the pies these 18th century Neapolitans were eating closely resemble pizzas still enjoyed today, such as the Pizza Mozzarella, later renamed the Margherita pizza in honor of Italy's Queen Margherita a century later.
Today, most of us can have a pizza delivered to our door in a matter of minutes after we order over the phone or online. There are also a plethora of frozen pizza options that cook up into surprisingly delectable dinners. And finally, of course, there is always homemade pizza.
Making pizza from scratch is actually quite simple and, with a bit of practice, arguably the best way to enjoy pizza, as you can control every aspect of the process, from dough consistency to cheese quantity to toppings to seasoning and so on. If you're interested in making your own pizza, consider the book "The Elements of Pizza" by Ken Forkish, and check out our guide to everything you need to make pizza at home.
But whether you're making it from scratch, cooking it from frozen, or re-heating a cold pie you ordered from a restaurant, you can't make pizza without an oven. Right? No. Wrong. You can. That's what we're talking about today, people.
Read on in the slides below to learn how to make pizza without an oven.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to make pizza in a toaster oven
How to make pizza on the stove
How to make pizza on the grill
How to make (frozen) pizza in the microwave
Check out our guide to making pizza at home
- Meet the Indian-origin women CEOs who are leading the way for major global companies
- SuperRare NFT sells for more than $2 million — a 20,000-fold increase in value over three years
- Microsoft to skill 1 lakh Indians in cybersecurity by 2022
- Love procrastinating? It can help you earn Rs 1 lakh by applying for Chief Excuse Officer at Cultbike.fit
- Google and Microsoft hiring interns in India — Check out eligibility, job descriptions and other details