How to record your screen on a Windows 10 computer using the built-in 'Game Bar' feature
- Windows 10 comes with a program called the Game Bar, which you can use to record your screen in most games and programs.
- To record your screen on Windows 10 using your Game Bar, press the Windows key + G and then click the record button in the Game Bar.
- You can also toggle the microphone on the Game Bar, to include voice narration or go on mute.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
Here's how to do it.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
How to record your screen on Windows 10 using the Game Bar
1. Open the program for which you want to record the screen, and make sure it has focus (click on the program window).2. Press the Windows key + G.
3. If you see a dialog box asking if you want to open the Game Bar, click the checkbox for "Yes, this is a game."
5. After a moment, the Game Bar will become a small recording bar on the side of the screen, and you will be recording. You can turn the microphone on or mute it from here as well.6. When you are done, click the blue Stop Recording button. Advertisement
7. Look for the notification in the lower right corner of the screen to tell you where Windows has saved the video clip. You should be able to find your videos in the Videos/Captures folder.The Game Bar has some limitations. You can only record video in games and most programs - you can't record the Windows desktop. Advertisement
If you need to record the desktop, look for a third-party video screen-recording app in the Microsoft Store (Ultra Screen Recorder is one such free app).