How to replace a photo in an Aadhar Card
Today Aadhaar card has become one of the most important government authorized identity proofs for the Indian citizens. Since it contains the biometric as well as the demographic information of the card holder, it becomes a very important document for every person in the country. At times, you might face a need to update your Aadhaar details in the card. The two approaches to do this are either to visit the nearest Aadhaar enrolment center or get it done through the Self Service Update Portal (SSUP). Here we discuss how to change the photograph in the Aadhaar card.
Steps to change your photo in your Aadhaar card
- Visit an Aadhaar enrolment center or Aadhaar Sewa Kendra located nearby.
- Download the Aadhaar enrolment form you will find on the UIDAI’s official website.
- Fill in all the columns of the form as asked with the right details.
- Submit the form to the executive at the center and give your bio-metric details.
- The executive will now click your photograph.
- Your biometrics will have to be provided for the purpose of approving the details submitted.
- For making the necessary updates, a fee of Rs 25 along with GST will be collected from you.
- You will also be given an acknowledgement slip which will show you the URN (Update Request Number).
- You can also use this URN to check the status of the update from time to time.
- Man in famous 9/11 photo dies from COVID-19 in Florida
- Assam registers record 1,202 new COVID-19 cases; tally crosses 11,000-mark
- Delhi govt asks DMs to start COVID-19 survey outside containment zones
- 1,168 new cases in Pune on Sat, COVID-19 count now 27,311
- Nitish Kumar, 14 Bihar CMO staffers test negative for COVID-19