How to speed up your Windows 10 computer in 7 different ways
Antonio Villas-Boas/Business Insider
- If your computer is running more sluggish than it once did, there are several ways to speed up Windows 10.
- Your Windows 10 computer might be able to run faster if you tweak certain settings in Windows.
- To coax additional performance from Windows 10, turn off special effects, uninstall unwanted programs, and change your startup settings.
- If you are not already using an SSD for your hard drive storage, it's the single most effective upgrade you can make to improve your computer's performance.
- Visit Business Insider's homepage for more stories.
People sometimes wonder how it was possible for the guidance computer in Apollo 11 - a computer with less memory than the cheapest Windows 10 PC in use today - to reach the moon.
The answer: It didn't waste any processing power on a fancy interface, or multi-tasking.
You can eke some extra performance out of your own Windows 10 computer by making it a little more minimalist, like that original Apollo 11 computer.
Here are seven ways you can speed up Windows 10.
Check out the products mentioned in this article:
Get the latest Microsoft stock price here.
Reduce the amount of apps that open at startup
Uninstall bloatware and other unwanted programs
Disable Windows special effects
Turn off window transparency
Run your computer at full power
Keep Windows up to date
Use an SSD or install additional memory
- How India can create opportunities for its new-age farmers
- Akasa Air founder, big bull Rakesh Jhunjhunwala passes at 62
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months