How to use Prime Pantry get groceries and household staples delivered to your door
Insider Picks writes about products and services to help you navigate when shopping online. Insider Inc. receives a commission from our affiliate partners when you buy through our links, but our reporting and recommendations are always independent and objective.
- Getting a box of cereal or a jar of peanut butter is as easy as going to Amazon.
- Thanks to Prime Pantry, you can now get kitchen staples and household items delivered to your doorstep in one to four days.
- Read on to learn more about Prime Pantry and how to use it to save money and time grocery shopping.
It may just be the easiest way to get your kitchen and grocery necessities - particularly those of the boxed variety like cereals, peanut butter, bread, and other packaged goods. As Amazon notes, the service is perfect for getting "snacks, breakfast foods, beverages, beauty and personal care items, and household products."
While there are plenty of other grocery delivery services these days, few have the geographic reach or selection that Amazon can provide, and of course, few are quite as affordable.If you're considering treating yourself to Prime Pantry in advance (or in honor) of Amazon Prime Day, here's what you'll need to know about using the service.
In order to use Prime Pantry, you'll have to be a Prime member. Signing up is easy - just click this link. You'll get 30 days for free, and if you're hooked by the two-day free shipping, access to Prime Video, and of course, access to Prime Pantry, you'll have to pay $119 per year to continue this membership (or $12.99 per month).
2. Select the Prime Pantry add-on.Just head over to the Prime Pantry homepage, where you'll be prompted to try out the service for free for 30 days. After that, you'll be billed $4.99 a month for continued access.
3. Set your delivery zip code.While Prime Pantry is widely available across the United States, actual items available for purchase vary by location. Be sure to set your delivery location to ensure that the items you want are in stock near you. Advertisement
4. Start shopping.
After activating your membership, you can start your grocery shopping spree. You'll be able to identify eligible Pantry items, as they're all marked with the Prime Pantry logo beneath their prices. Prime Pantry members are also eligible for special deals, coupons, and promotions not available to other Prime members.
5. Proceed to Checkout.
When you're ready to go, just click "Proceed to Checkout." You'll receive free shipping on any orders over $10 (which is quite easy to reach). If you don't hit this threshold, you'll have to pay a flat $5.99 shipping fee.
6. Save your Prime Pantry box.If you're interrupted mid-shop, never fear! You can easily save the contents of your order by clicking "Save all Prime Pantry items for later." You'll be able to return to your box whenever you're ready to proceed. Advertisement
We should note that there is a 45-pound limit to your Prime Pantry box. After all, the service is meant for smaller, more convenient orders. Moreover, given the size and weight of these boxes, Amazon utilizes ground shipping, which means that they could take anywhere from one to four days to arrive. And alas, Prime Pantry does not deliver to dorms.
- UTI AMC’s ₹2,160 crore IPO opens today — Here’s all you need to know
- World Heart Day 2020: There has been a 10-20% surge in heart diseases from pre-COVID times in India — Here’s why
- Defence Ministry pegs Pakistan's LoC ceasefire violations at 3,186 so far this year
- PD Vaghela to take over as TRAI chairman from R S Sharma
- Covid-19 tests that give results in minutes to be rolled out across world