How vulnerable IoT devices are changing the cybersecurity landscape
This type of hack helps draw media attention to the dangers involved with vulnerable IoT devices, but it doesn't illustrate all the ways that hackers can use these vulnerabilities in the real world. Hackers could potentially crash a compromised car, but they are more likely to exploit IoT devices to gain entry to corporate and government networks and databases.BI Intelligence's new IoT Security report examines how vulnerable IoT devices will create new opportunities for different types of hackers. We also forecast the market for solutions that can help secure IoT devices, and explain how different security measures can be used to protect these devices against hackers.
- Research has repeatedly shown that many IoT device manufacturers and service providers are failing to implement common security measures in their products.
- Hackers could exploit these new devices to conduct data breaches, corporate or government espionage, and damage critical infrastructure like electrical grids.
- Investment in securing IoT devices will increase five-fold over the next five years as adoption of these devices picks up.
- Traditional IT security practices like network monitoring and segmentation will become even more critical as businesses and governments deploy IoT devices.
In full, the report:
- Explains why IoT devices often lack basic security measures like properly encrypting communications.
- Forecasts the market for solutions that help secure IoT devices against attacks.
- Examines how different types of hackers could exploit IoT devices for financial gain, media attention, or to further a geopolitical cause.
- Explains how organizations can secure IoT devices at both the device and network level.
- Purchase & download the full report from our research store. » Purchase & Download Now
- Subscribe to an All-Access pass to BI Intelligence and gain immediate access to this report and over 100 other expertly researched reports. As an added bonus, you'll also gain access to all future reports and daily newsletters to ensure you stay ahead of the curve and benefit personally and professionally. » Learn More Now
Our BI Intelligence INSIDER Newsletters are currently read by thousands of business professionals first thing every morning. Fortune 1000 companies, startups, digital agencies, investment firms, and media conglomerates rely on these newsletters to keep atop the key trends shaping their digital landscape - whether it is mobile, digital media, e-commerce, payments, or the Internet of Things.Our subscribers consider the INSIDER Newsletters a "daily must-read industry snapshot" and "the edge needed to succeed personally and professionally" - just to pick a few highlights from our recent customer survey.
With our full money-back guarantee, we make it easy to find out for yourself how valuable the daily insights are for your business and career. Click this link to learn all about the INSIDER Newsletters today.
- A woman in Rajasthan has tested COVID-19 positive 31 times in the last five months
- Here’s how Indians are buying Tesla, Facebook, and Apple shares through brokerage startups
- Radio ad revenue for July-Sept quarter in 2020 was Rs 198.53 crore: TRAI
- YouTube starts rolling out hashtag landing pages— here’s how you can use it
- Do not panic when Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman reads out the revised estimates