Hail the Bail! Now Former Satyam Founder Ramalinga Raju, 9 others granted bail after suspension of court sentence
They had been taken into custody barely a month ago after the conviction in the trial court.
While Ramalinga Raju and Rama Raju will have to give a surety of Rs 1 lakh, the eight others will have to cough up Rs 50,000 each.
The court on Friday had deferred its order to Monday, on an application filed by Mr Raju and nine others, seeking suspension of their sentence and fines imposed on them in the multi-crore rupee accounting fraud.
Mr Raju, the kingpin of the scam that ran into crores, and nine other convicts, currently lodged in Cherlapally Central Prison had challenged their conviction, besides sentences and fines imposed by the
On April 9, the ACMM court, which tried the Satyam corporate fraud case probed by the
It had also imposed Rs 5.35 crore fine on Mr Raju and his brother Rama Raju while others were fined Rs 25 lakh each.
Popular on BI
- SIMPLY PUT: What happened before India got Freedom@Midnight
- Here’s how much banks have increased home loan interest rates
- Avatar 2, Black Panther 2, Ant Man — Here is a complete list of Hollywood movies expected to hit Indian theaters in the next 6-7 months
- Qmin has been profitable business for IHCL from day one, says Jehangir Press
- India's foreign exchange reserves fall to $573 bn