Hyundai Creta: 15,000 pre-booking orders ahead of its launch
AdvertisementSport Utility Vehicle (SUV) Creta is already a hit in the
The South Korean car maker will soon announce prices of the compact SUV which accordingly to the market speculation is likely to fall between Rs 8.6 to Rs 13.9 lakh.
Hyundai Motor India is aiming to offer a complete package of aggressive pricing, good looks, high equipment levels and first in industry unlimited warranty for three years and 20% lower spare parts cost to wean away prospective customers of Renault Duster, Ford EcoSport and Mahindra Scorpio.
Rakesh Srivastava, SR vice president, sales and marketing at Hyundai Motor India told ET: "The response to Creta has been tremendous. We have had successful product launches in last couple of years but none has matched the reception that
Moreover, Elite i20 premium hatchback got 10,000 bookings during the first 20 days of its launch and Creta seems to have bettered that.
In a segment where the diesel is the pre-dominant fuel option for the buyers, based on the initial response, Hyundai Motor India expects 25% of its total sales to come from petrol run vehicle and almost 15% of it will be with automatic transmission, which is double of its earlier estimates, said people in the know of Hyundai Motor India's plans.
The company had advanced the launch of the vehicle by a couple of months in order to make the most of the upcoming festive season.
Hyundai aims to sell a minimum of 5,000 units per month and sees the vehicle contributing significantly to its double digit growth target of 13-14% to 4.65 lakh units for the domestic market.
Popular on BI
- Sam Altman, who was already wealthy before starting OpenAI, reportedly doesn't own any equity in the company behind ChatGPT
- Five planets will stage a rare spectacular event in the night sky on March 28
- Elon Musk reportedly left OpenAI's board in 2018 after Sam Altman and other cofounders rejected his plan to run the company
- Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals and kitchen appliance maker Butterfly announce merger
- ICMR comes up with first ethical guidelines for application of AI in biomedical research, healthcare
- Measures taken by IIFCL to keep bad loans under check: Parliamentary panel
- Microsoft adds 'AI-generated stories' to its Bing search
- Housing sales up 14% annually in Jan-Mar to 1.13 lakh units across top 7 cities: Anarock