I spent a week asking everyone I met how to make more money - here are the 7 things they suggested
- There are many ways to make more money - whether you're looking for a salary raise or a side gig that makes you a little extra cash.
- Americans are always seeking out the secret to making more money, so I polled as many people as I could on the topic for a full week - here's what they said.
Talking about money with others can be a strained experience. But at the same time, we're all in search of more of it or advice on how to make more.For an entire week, I decided to ask everyone I encountered how to make more money. Despite the uncomfortable stares, sometimes glares, and awkward laughs, I met with some pretty great answers.
While some stuck to the old, feel-good responses like "money's not the answer" or "the best things in life are free," others offered up tangible tips I'll share with you now.
After my week-long public poll, here's the gist of what people say will boost your bank account:
1. Do what you love.
2. Ask for a raise.
3. Go above and beyond.
4. Freelance in some capacity.
5. Go back to school.
6. Don't confine yourself to one location.
7. Don't stay at one company forever.