I tried Firstleaf, a subscription box that delivers wines from top vineyards around the world for only $13 per bottle - here's how it works
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- Firstleaf is a wine subscription service that launched in early 2016 and is one of many other clubs that help you enjoy wine in a more convenient, accessible, and affordable way.
- Its introductory box of three wines is only $15 and sets the wheels in motion for the service to learn more about your tastes and preferences as they evolve.
- The wines all come from award-winning winemakers and vineyards, but you have the final say about which ones are considered true award winners in your book through Firstleaf's rating and review system.
As with most personalized services, you start off by taking a short online quiz, which asks about your white vs. red vs. rosé vs. sparkling preferences, what region you prefer your wine to come from, and how much wine you drink per month.Firstleaf then gives you an introductory offer of three wines for only $15, plus tax and $4.95 shipping, as a way to welcome you to the club. It also serves as a kind of diagnostic test (that's infinitely more fun than the SAT one you took in high school) for the rest of your Firstleaf experience.
Once you log back into your account, you can give each wine a "Thumbs Up" (I'd drink this wine again and Firstleaf will send more like it), a "Thumbs Down" (not for me), or leave the thumb icons blank if you have no opinion and don't feel strongly either way. There is a section below each wine where you can write additional comments and notes for Firstleaf or just for personal reference. You can also reorder six bottles of the wine you did love for only $79, plus tax and $9.95 shipping.After this initial box, every future shipment will consist of six wines (for $79, plus tax and $9.95 shipping) and be delivered automatically every two months. However, you can choose any other delivery date or cancel your subscription at any time.
By design, Firstleaf works better the more you use it. The more wines you rate, the more closely its system can match future shipments to your taste and adjust picks if your tastes evolve from the initial quiz.
Using Firstleaf isn't only about convenience, education, or personalization, though these are all strong reasons why you should try it. With each bottle coming out to about $13, it's also simply a much more affordable way to enjoy quality wines from top vineyards around the world.
Take Firstleaf's wine quiz and redeem your introductory offer of 3 wines for $15 (plus tax and shipping) hereSubscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rajasthan: Budget session from February 10
- IPL players auction to be held on February 18, says BCCI official
- Sensex slips 763 points, Nifty ends below 14,400 — metals, banks drag market lower
- Indian Railway Finance Corporation IPO allotment: Here’s how to check share allotment status
- Nine useful tips to amp-up your online shopping game