I tried the new temporary tattoos that look super realistic - and they fooled all my friends
Founder Jordan Denny has been working for the past 9 months to make a temporary tattoo realistic enough to pass for the real thing, and finally started selling the customizable tattoos a few days ago.
Denny says his tattoos last 3-10 days, and use a special matting solution that stops them from looking shiny, or wet like dollar-store temporaries.
But "realistic" has different definitions, especially to startup founders, so I decided to test it out myself. The process was easy.
All I had to do was upload a design and send it to Momentary Ink. Since Halloween was coming up, I decided on the "Dark Mark" tattoo that evil wizards ("Death Eaters") have in Harry Potter.
When I got my Momentary Ink tattoo and tried it out, the results surprised me. I hadn't expected it to look quite so real, and many people I ran into over the next few days assumed it was the genuine article. More than that, Momentary Ink had actually fulfilled its promise. For almost a week, I've walked around and "felt" what it would be like to have this tattoo. Long story short, I'm definitely not getting a dark mark tattoo anytime soon.
At $15 for a "small" (0-4 inches) and $19 for a larger one (4-8 inches), Momentary Ink isn't cheap. And if you are just getting it to have a temporary tattoo for a few days, I don't think I could justify the cost. But if you are using it as designed, to make sure you actually want to get inked up forever, it seems perfectly reasonable.
Here's what getting a Momentary Ink tattoo is like:
- A 29-year-old woman found a mark on her head and was diagnosed with a fungal infection. It turned out to be invasive skin cancer.
- Elon Musk told his 76-year-old dad Errol to 'keep quiet' in a text message after he said he wasn't proud of his son, report says
- JPMorgan CEO Jamie Dimon told wealthy clients there's a chance the US is heading into 'something worse' than a recession, report says
- Nepotism and termite-like corruption dented India : Modi
- Modi lists five pledges to turn India into a developed country in 25 years
- There will be a major shift in the way Indians shop and consume brands
- Modi remembers Nehru and Sarvarkar in his speech today
- Made-in-India gun used for 1st time for ceremonial salute at Red Fort on Independence Day