I tried Veestro, a plant-based meal delivery service - and it's great for busy people who want to eat healthy
The Insider Picks team writes about stuff we think you'll like. Business Insider has affiliate partnerships, so we get a share of the revenue from your purchase.
- Healthy eating often falls by the wayside when you lead a busy lifestyle.
- Veestro is a meal delivery service that makes it easy to get more plant-based foods into your diet without sacrificing taste or convenience.
- If your New Year's resolution is to eat better or lose weight, and you've realized that it's difficult to fit it into your packed schedule, give Veestro a try.
As I discovered while trying Veestro, a plant-based meal delivery service, they don't even have to include meat or dairy to be delicious, either.Veestro sends fully prepared 100% plant-based meals to your door, virtually knocking out all your previous excuses not to eat healthier. All the meals are preservative-free and organic (96% of all ingredients used), and the recipes are conceived by a vegan chef with 30 years of experience. There's no prepping of ingredients and cooking involved - all the meals can be microwaved, reheated on the stove, or baked in the oven, so you can eat a hot meal within half an hour.
Veestro offers a variety of options to choose from and incorporate into your busy lifestyle:
- A la carte meals: Pick and choose from 50 meals, like baked mac and "cheese," Tuscan calzone, portobello steak, and quinoa soup. Available for one-time delivery, start at $10/meal.
- Meal packs: Options include an introductory starter pack, protein pack, and gluten-free. Available for one-time delivery or subscription, start at $8/meal.
- Weight loss plans: 3, 5, or 7-day plans that ship every two weeks and help take the guesswork out of weight loss. Start at $8/meal.
- Juice cleanses: 3 or 5-day plans of half pressed, half blended juices. Available for one-time delivery or subscription, start at $6/juice.
While there were a couple misses, overall I really liked the taste and variety of the pack. I'll admit, I was surprised. Usually for frozen food to taste good, it contains artificial ingredients or preservatives, but I didn't see any of those while scanning the nutritional labels. My personal favorites were the red curry, Thai chick'n stew, and mushroom risotto.The week I tried Veestro was particularly busy for me, so I truly appreciated not having to think about preparing food or give in to greasy takeout. I saw Veestro as a convenient way to incorporate plant-based meals into my diet so I could make a smoother transition into a healthy lifestyle, rather than forcing an unrealistic, abrupt change. Research has shown that a plant-based diet leads to lower rates of heart disease, high blood pressure, diabetes, and obesity. A longer life free of these complications sounds pretty great to me.
At $8 to $10 per meal, is it cheaper than making your own food? No, but what you're paying for is the convenience and freedom to concentrate on other parts of your life while still enjoying healthy, tasty food.
Subscribe to our newsletter.
Find all the best offers at our Coupons page.
Disclosure: This post is brought to you by the Insider Picks team. We highlight products and services you might find interesting. If you buy them, we get a small share of the revenue from the sale from our commerce partners. We frequently receive products free of charge from manufacturers to test. This does not drive our decision as to whether or not a product is featured or recommended. We operate independently from our advertising sales team. We welcome your feedback. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Researchers develop new data transfer system ten times faster than USB
- Ayodhya's Ram Temple collects nearly ₹2,100 crore funds for its construction, says associated Trust
- Increase public health care budget in Maharashtra: Activists
- FPI invests ₹25,787 crore in Indian equities in February
- India records 16,752 fresh COVID-19 cases, biggest single-day jump in 30 days