I visited Amazon's first retail store, and here's what I hated about it
Aly Weisman/Business Insider
The store sells not only books, but also Amazon devices such as the Kindle, Echo, Fire TV, and Fire Tablet.
But one thing about Amazon's new store is unlike all other retail locations: No prices are listed on any items for sale.
Instead, Amazon forces customers to look up prices on its app or at an in-store scanner.
Personally, I found it too time-consuming and annoying to have to walk around holding my phone in my hand instead of being able to page through potential books I wanted to purchase.
Regardless, it's a nice store and you really can't beat Amazon's prices - even if you have to scan for them. Check it out:
Disclosure: Jeff Bezos is an investor in Business Insider through hispersonal investment company Bezos Expeditions.
- India vs Pakistan at ICC T20 World Cup: The ‘Men in Blue’ have a definite advantage in this one
- Tamil drama 'Koozhangal' is India's official entry for Oscars 2022
- ICICI Bank net profit rises 25% on lower provisions in September quarter
- Best keyboard for writers in India
- Best large size party speakers in India