Now, watch cricket on Facebook as ICC partners with the social media giant
- International Cricket Council has announced a partnership with Facebook for four years.
- The social media giant will showcase match recaps, in-play key moments and other match and feature content for four years.
- The highlights will play on Facebook Watch, the social media platform on-demand video service.
Facebook, through this partnership, will showcase match recaps, in-play key moments and other match and feature content for four years.
“We are excited to partner with the ICC to bring the most exciting moments in cricket to Facebook Watch and to chart the next stage of technology led transformation in cricket. The future of AR and VR is being charted by Facebook and we are excited about the possibility of bringing the best of our innovations to fans around the world,” said Ajit Mohan, VP and Managing Director Facebook India.
The move comes in with the rise of digital streaming across platforms.
“The combination of one of the world’s most watched sports with one of the world’s largest platforms is exciting for the future of our game. The record-breaking growth in digital consumption at this summer’s ICC Men’s Cricket World Cup demonstrated the continued power of cricket to connect and engage more deeply with diverse audiences around the world,” said ICC Chief Executive Manu Sawhney.
The highlights will play on Facebook Watch, the social media platform on-demand video service. Facebook Watch was initially launched in August 2017.
- From You’re Worth It to Stand up, how L’Oréal Paris’ communication has empowered women over the years
- Women in Leadership: Past, Present and Future
- Ola loses another founding member as Pranay Jivrajka leaves the ride-hailing giant
- Top stocks to watch out for on March 9
- Maha Budget: Rs 12,500 cr package for health institutions