IIT-Madras, IIT-Kharagpur, DU, Banaras Hindu University, University of Hyderabad gets ‘Institute of Eminence’ tag
- The Human Resource and Development Ministry (MHRD) awarded Institute of Eminence (IoE) tag to five Indian institutions.
- These include University of Delhi, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Madras, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Kharagpur,
Banaras Hindu University, and University of Hyderabad.
- The government will also infuse ₹10 billion to public institutions with the
Institute of Eminence tag.
"Orders have been issued to five public institutions including IIT-Madras, IIT-Kharagpur, DU and University of Hyderabad, declaring them as IoEs," National Herald reported citing Union HRD Minister
The move came after the recommendation of the University Grants Commission (UGC) after the reports from Empowered Expert Committee (EEC). It recommended 15 public and private institutions each for the status of IoE. However, the scheme will extend to 10 public and 10 private institutions.
The government will also infuse ₹10 billion to public institutions with the Institute of Eminence tag.
According to ANI, the Ministry also extended letter of Intent to
Mukesh Ambani to invest ₹15 billion into the much delayed Jio Institute
The Indian government may shortlist 14 more educational institutes for ‘eminence’ tag
University of Delhi, CBSE will now use ‘forensics’ to detect fake documents submitted by students
- 45 new COVID-19 cases in Assam, tally 1384
- 16 Vasco da Gama players test positive for virus
- IAA India Chapter and Havas Group India come together to create fundraising campaign for Bengal and Odisha
- 105 new coronavirus cases reported in AP; tally goes up to
- Mumbai hikes Petrol and Diesel prices by ₹2 per litre