Images From The Terrorist Attack In Kenya Are Unreal
A brazen terrorist attack in a Nairobi shopping mall Saturday has left at least 39 people dead and more than 150 wounded, CNN is reporting.
Several British and Americans are among the injured, but the majority of casualties are Kenyans, authorities told CNN. Some are children.
The al Qaeda-linked Al-Shabaab group has claimed responsibility for the attack on the Westgate Mall, and they are still holding 36 people hostage while surrounded by police. "They Kenyan govt is pleading with our Mujahideen inside the mall for negotiations. There will be no negotiations whatsoever," the group posted on Twitter.
As you'd expect, photographs taken at the scene are frightening. A normally bustling mall was turned into a battle zone as militants and police have shot at each other.
Here's what we're seeing:
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- Mark Zuckerberg reportedly said he doesn't like seeing 'managers managing managers,' fueling speculation of more layoffs
- The future of banking is entirely digital
- Study find out the potential cause of dementia
- Odisha Health Minister shot at by police officer
- Rajinikanth issues public notice on infringement of rights, warns legal action
- Govt likely to float global tender for HPV vaccine in April; Merck, Serum Institute may participate
- Finance Ministry to stick to privatisation of already announced CPSEs next fiscal