Some Indians believe lunar eclipse is bad for new business
- A part of the moon will be under the earth's shadow in the wee hours of Friday causing what is called the penumbral lunar eclipse.
- Some astrology experts in India advise people to avoid important actions during this phase.
- However, views differ from one astrologer to another across regions and countries.
AdvertisementThe first lunar eclipse of the season, and the second one this year, is set to take place on June 5. The entire duration of the eclipse will be around 3 hours 18 inutes. This will be a penumbral lunar eclipse, where only the Earth's outer shadow will fall on the moon.
Science says that lunar eclipses are completely safe to witness with a naked eye. However, people of faith beg to differ.
Over to astrologers
Astrology and astronomy have been closely linked in India for eons. And according to many experts in the field, the lunar eclipse phase is a time to shut up and sit tight, indoors.
Eclipses generally occur 4 to 6 times in a year. "The influence on events continues much longer - up to 3 months in advance, and also 3 years later. Actually, astrologers advise to avoid a period of about 3 days on either side of the eclipse or grahan for starting any new project," according to Ganesha Speaks, a popular destination for Indians who believe in astrology.
"Good actions done during this period do not yield expected results. Hence it is advisable to avoid all important actions like inaugurations, important business deals etc. during an eclipse period," explains the Spiritual Research Foundation.
Lunar Eclipse time, date and schedule in India on July 5
Popular on BI
- A Google recruiter says he discovered he'd lost his job after a call with one of his candidates suddenly disconnected
- A Google employee of 11 years says he and his wife stared at each other in 'disbelief' when they realized they'd both been laid off by the company
- A Google engineer of 8 years says his 'spidey-senses' detected incoming layoffs — and felt 'isolated' when his 'faceless' severance email arrived
- DGCA slaps ₹10L fine on Go Air for leaving behind 55 passengers at B'luru airport
- Vedanta Q3 net profit drops 41% on higher input costs
- ED attaches 32 properties worth ₹70 crore in fraudulent TDS refund case
- RRR surpasses Cruise’s Top Gun 2 & Spielberg’s The Fabelmans in the top 10 movies of 2022
- Weekend OTTs: Ayushmann Khurrana’s ‘An Action Hero’ to ghost hunts with ‘Lockwood and Co’